Sunday, 1 August 2010

New York city




Some study of buildings in New York.

They hold such fascination for me because they are truly beautiful. I love art deco and New York has some of the most beautiful art deco buildings in the world, and they happen to be high rise too which is a rather unusual combination. These days there are far too may ugly design and glass boxes and these art deco buildings are such a sight to behold. Among them are the Empire State Building, Rockefeller centre and of course, the stunning Chrysler building.

Another fascinating thing for me about these building is the fact that they are built so close together and really form the urban space with their imposing presence. I never cease to be overwhelmed by the space they define, it is a mesmersing sight.

I have an idea about an art work that is based on these impressions of New York - the patterns, the varying skylines with vertical buildings, it will be an impression rather than a realistic depiction of the New York that I love.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful drawing!!!
    i love your style!!!
    greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bicocacolors. I am currently unpgrading the blog and I have also started a new web site
    www.koodoodles.com

    I am hoping to upload more images in the new year and hope you would come back to visit and give further comments!
    Greetings from Sydney ( and London next year)

    ReplyDelete