Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Richard Feynman
It is rather different to include a scientist in a blog that is largely about inspirations related to the arts but why not? We like to put divisions between different fields and label things for ease of reference and organisation but at the end of the day everything is one and everything is all related.
I may not be a scientist and may not be able to talk too much about Richard Feynman's scientific work but I do know a thing or two about his views on things in general as I have been reading his biography and some of his books, he just sound like so much fun! He also doesn't confine himself within science, he draws, plays the bongos and basically living a life too.
When asked about what he thought of his Nobel Prize and he thought that the pleasure of finding out and understand was the prize in itself already - which I agree whole heartedly. We often do one thing and wanting to get something else out of it, and never really be in the moment to enjoy the process. I never really quite understood the journey is the destination until i got older and what Feynman said about the Nobel Prize is very simialr to it.
Pic source
http://feynman.caltech.edu/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment