I have a copy of Robinson’s drawing of New York. It is
simply drawing with lines but yet the images created are powerful and the
lineworks are simple yet create something stunning. Apparently the drawings are quite a truthful representation of the buildings
and their location and little details that they show are relatively accurate as
well. Hence the drawing looks very convincing as the cityscape and urban spaces of
Manhattan.
Another thing that Robinson does add to his drawing is
humour. He injects life and humour into his
sketches and they are a delight to see. Apart from a certain degree of
accuracy his inclusion of people and the activities that take place in
these urban spaces add a degree of realism and a great sense of fun into his
sketches.
I like his line drawing – simple, almost cartoonish, but
also graphically sophisticated and the book is beautifully put together. He has
also done sketch books on Paris and Tokyo, and perhaps one on London as well?
One of these days I will need to get copies of these as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment