



I came across the artist Anne Wilson's work recently and am quite taken by her work ''Topologies'' made at the Victoria and Albert Museum in 2008. It is a simple black and white installation.
I had an instant emotional response when I saw pictures of the work - I thought it was beautiful, and I love the how she chose to use the most unforgiving setting of the colour black against the white with the exquisite and delicacy of the materials and the patterns. I am also a lover of the abstract in art, I love how it gives room to interpret it in anyway you want and Anne's work for me represents a mini universe that is open to interpretations and I love it. Just looking at them make me feel itchy and want to draw with my ink pens!
Note all the images are from Anne's web site
http://www.annewilsonartist.com/topologies-images.html
No comments:
Post a Comment